- Collaborate in the development of fundamental, architecturally sound systems that scale well, can support large teams, and are well received by users
- Design and implement solutions that demonstrate solid development practices and keep users focused on their area of expertise
- Provide support and training to users while mentoring other members of the team
- Work with Art, Design, and Engineering to develop technical guidelines so developers can understand and meet established performance requirements
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluent in C++
- Competent in various languages (C++, Python, C#, Java, etc.)
- Solid technical background with an ability to design and implement systems
- 5+ years game industry, or relevant professional experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in an art-related discipline
- Experience developing and maintaining systems used in production environments
- Solid understanding of contemporary graphics capabilities and processes
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Qt
- Interest in procedural graphics
- Experience developing plugins for various DCCs (Houdini, Maya, etc.)
- MMO or GaaS experience
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- VFX industry experience
- Linear algebra whiz
- Interest in development patterns
- Experience with Perforce
We will require all applicants to have a pre-existing right to work in the UK/EU.
Remote working is only available for those based in the UK/EU with a right to work in the UK/EU.
Interested in the job but don't feel you match the criteria? If you feel passionate about this role or joining the Radical Forge team we would still like to hear from you! We value our company culture, and we’re always looking for creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our team!
Perks of the Job
Employee Health Benefits
We provide employees with access to multiple health care schemes upon successfully completing probation.
We offer a flexible work schedule with hybrid remote work options. We also aim to close the studio for two weeks at Christmas gratis.
Open & Honest
We value your journey as much as our own. Therefore we like to keep our employees in the loop every quarter about where we are heading as a studio and what's happening behind the scenes.
Equal Opportunities Promise
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.