Radical Forge is a Middlesborough, UK-based developer that has provided co-development services on a range of AAA and indie titles. In 2021 the company created their first original IP, 'Brightpaw', which was published on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One/Series S/X, Google and iOS by Rogue Games.
Since its beginnings in 2017, the company has grown to over 70 incredibly talented, collaborative, and creative individuals. We are the sum of our skills, passion, and, most of all, our people. We firmly believe that treating individuals with genuine respect, understanding, and kindness creates a welcoming culture that allows creativity to thrive and for individuals to join together to create games they are genuinely proud of.
• Develop Motion Capture tools and workflows for our internal outsource animators and artists.
o Work alongside animators to create Motion Capture Animation tools to support Motion Builder to Maya workflows
o Advocate for Animation and Art pipeline needs alongside peers on the Technical Art team and Technical Art Director
o Help design complex skeleton and control rig toolsets to work with our proprietary rigging pipeline
o Implement techniques to solve character and animation challenges identified by game designers
o Support motion capture specialists to resolve technical motion capture issues
o Develop automation tools and pipelines to handle volume motion capture assets
• Collaboratively identify and address technical challenges for facial animation workflows in our customizable character pipeline
o Work with stakeholders on Character, Animation and Tech Art teams to ensure dependencies and integrations are considered for future implementation plans
o Work to integrate dynamic facial animation shader systems with character customization shader requirements
o Provide integration solutions for procedural facial animations systems such as SGX and facial capture systems such as Faceware.
• Provide technical insight and support while attending meetings related to Animation and Art outsourcing initiatives
• Seek to understand animation initiatives and advocate for tooling needed in cooperation with Tech Art
• Provide support and training to users
• Document workflows and advocate best practices
• Fluent in Python
• Deep, technical understanding of Maya
• Solid understanding of Motion Builder and motion capture files.
• Solid understanding of Art and Animation pipelines
• Strong math skills
• Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Self-sufficient and independent
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
• Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/USD/etc.
• Experience working with Maya’s OpenMaya python API
• Experience working in various programming languages
• MMO or GaaS experience
• Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
• Experience working with and supporting outsourcing providers
• Linear algebra
• Familiarity with reality capture methods
• General interest in contemporary CGI techniques.
This Role can be office based or fully remote.
Interested in the job but don't feel you match the criteria? If you feel passionate about this role or joining the Radical Forge team we would still like to hear from you! We value our company culture, and we’re always looking for creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our team!