Radical Forge is a Middlesborough, UK-based developer that has provided co-development services on a range of AAA and indie titles. In 2021 the company created their first original IP, 'Brightpaw', which was published on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One/Series S/X, Google and iOS by Rogue Games.
Since its beginnings in 2017, the company has grown to over 70 incredibly talented, collaborative, and creative individuals. We are the sum of our skills, passion, and, most of all, our people. We firmly believe that treating individuals with genuine respect, understanding, and kindness creates a welcoming culture that allows creativity to thrive and for individuals to join together to create games they are genuinely proud of.
• Responsible for development of our level design toolbox: a modular suite of player objectives that don't fit into pure combat or dialogue. These drive the creation of non-combat content or puzzles, add complexity to combat encounters, and establish needed content variety.
• Develop in-engine examples and standards, and help drive cross-disciplinary efforts to create the level design toolbox library.
• Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to improve and expand systems and functionality for the level design toolbox, that needs to serve a live project for years to come.
• Partners closely with our Content and Tech Designers on the project to establish clear needs and solutions across content for the level design toolbox.
• Understanding of a wide view of the content and design of the project, understanding our player experience and high-level goals and how the level design toolbox helps achieve those.
• Work with the Lead Content Systems Designer to establish criteria for new gameplay experiences leveraging the level design toolbox.
• Actively partner with our scripting team, helping establish best practices for development and scripting of the level design toolbox.
• Provide flexibility with the level design toolbox and options for Content developers with ease of use in mind.
• Reports directly to the Lead Content Systems Designer.
•4+ years related experience.
•Broad gameplay design knowledge
•Experience in environments developing content systems and tools
•Experience scripting, either visual or other forms
•Ability to drive collaboration and consensus across multiple disciplines
•Strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills
•Deeply creative with a great sense of what makes gameplay fun
•Excellent sense of gameplay pacing and level design skills
•Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
•Experience developing Open World games
•Management experience in a design role
•Development experience on a multiplayer, online game
•Hands on experience building gameplay features with other designers/engineers, either with scripting, data, or other content authoring tool
This role can be based in office or Fully remote.
We will require all applicants to have a pre-existing right to work in the UK/EU.
Remote working is only available for those based in the UK/EU with a right to work in the UK/EU.
Interested in the job but don't feel you match the criteria? If you feel passionate about this role or joining the Radical Forge team we would still like to hear from you! We value our company culture, and we’re always looking for creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our team!
Equal Opportunities Promise
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.