Radical Forge is a growing creative powerhouse based in North East England. Starting as two people looking to build something special, we have grown relentlessly, working on a wide variety of well known released titles as well as a range of internal IP projects.
Applicants for this role must be already within the Pacific Time Zone (PST) to the Eastern Time Zone (EST), we are unable to sponsor a visa or relocation for this particular role
Your mission will be to help create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
You should have a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner. You will be working in a fast paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process.
The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team.
• Proficient with Python
• Must possess experience in supporting mission critical live environments with:
• Core system services: BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, Rsync, NTP, NFS, etc.
• Web servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd) and application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, PHP, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
• System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Splunk, etc.
• Source code management: Git, Perforce etc.
• RedHat or Debian package creation and repository management
• SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, MemcacheDB, etc.
• Configuration Management Tools: Chef, etc.
• Continuous Integration: TeamCity, etc.
• Must have some experience automating system tasks and monitoring infrastructure deployment using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash)
• Must have prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems.
• Experience with public cloud deployments (AWS, GCP) and containers (Kubernetes, etc.)
• Hobbyist programming background
• Author a technical blog or github page with code samples
• A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
• Linux networking experience is a plus, this includes routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches "
Interested in the job but don't feel you match the criteria? If you feel passionate about this role or joining the Radical Forge team we would still like to hear from you! We value our company culture, and we’re always looking for creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our team!
Perks of the Job
Employee Health Benefits
We provide employees with access to multiple health care schemes upon successfully completing probation.
We offer a flexible work schedule with hybrid remote work options. We also aim to close the studio for two weeks at Christmas gratis.
Open & Honest
We value your journey as much as our own. Therefore we like to keep our employees in the loop every quarter about where we are heading as a studio and what's happening behind the scenes.
Equal Opportunities Promise
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.