Radical Forge is a Middlesborough, UK-based developer that has provided co-development services on a range of AAA and indie titles. In 2021 the company created their first original IP, 'Brightpaw', which was published on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One/Series S/X, Google and iOS by Rogue Games.
Since its beginnings in 2017, the company has grown to over 70 incredibly talented, collaborative, and creative individuals. We are the sum of our skills, passion, and, most of all, our people. We firmly believe that treating individuals with genuine respect, understanding, and kindness creates a welcoming culture that allows creativity to thrive and for individuals to join together to create games they are genuinely proud of.
• Design and architect new backend game systems
• Refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
• Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base level functionality for feature development
• Collaborate with designers and other engineers for feature development
• Optimize code to improve CPU utilization and reduce memory footprint
• Troubleshoot and respond to internal and live server issues as needed
• Significant software development experience, in a games environment
• Proficient in C++
• Experience with network game client/server architecture
• Experience with Linux development
• Strong communication skills
• Solid architecture skills and attention to detail
• Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
• Strong debugging skills
• Familiarity with backend service architecture on Linux.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• MMO development experience a plus
• Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
• Experience with cloud development and Kubernetes
• Experience with core debugging using GDB
We will require all applicants to have a pre-existing right to work in the UK/EU.
Remote working is only available for those based in the UK/EU with a right to work in the UK/EU.
Interested in the job but don't feel you match the criteria? If you feel passionate about this role or joining the Radical Forge team we would still like to hear from you! We value our company culture, and we’re always looking for creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our team!