Your mission will be to help create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
You should have a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner. You will be working in a fast paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process.
The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team.
- Proficient with Python
- Experience in supporting mission critical live environments
- Core system services include: BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, Rsync, NTP, NFS
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd) and application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, PHP, Tomcat, JBOSS)
- System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Splunk
- Source code management: Git, Perforce
- RedHat or Debian package creation and repository management
- SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, MemcacheDB
- Configuration Management Tools: Chef
- Continuous Integration: TeamCity
- Some experience automating system tasks and monitoring infrastructure deployment using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems
- Experience with public cloud deployments (AWS, GCP) and containers (Kubernetes, etc.)
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Linux networking experience is a plus, this includes routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches